Valentine’s Day is the perfect event to put your creative juices to the test by making some very special DIY pearlised card gift surprises. We have put together 4 heartfelt craft gift ideas that will make your loved one feel extra special.
Pearlised card: 4 Valentine’s Day craft ideas
1. Paper Fortune Cookies
We love the idea of making paper fortune cookies to carry personal and loving messages. Why not be extra romantic and include a short poem? They are also very easy to make, here is how you can make paper fortune cookies of your own:
- With the help of a lid, trace circles on pearlised card and cut them out. As an alternative, you can use a compass with the correct 3.5? diameter to draw the circles.
- Fold the circles to create a slight crease in the centre.
- Open up the circle again and fold it in the opposite direction so the crease is running at a 90-degree angle.
- Using your index finger, push the fold inward, and then bring the ends together with your thumb and middle finger.
- Slip in the fortune (poem or sweet message) before you bring the ends together. Ensure it stays in place with a piece of double-sided tape on the fold.
2. Pillow Boxes
These DIY pillow boxes are yet another way to show that someone special in your life that they’re worth the effort. Fill them with chocolates, flower petals or a piece of jewellery. To make a pillow box, just follow these simple instructions:
- Start by gently flattening a toilet paper tube so it forms a crease on each side. Close one end of the tube by pressing down on the top of the tube until it creates a rounded fold. Repeat at the other end, but keep this end open.
- Using a strip of pearlised paper measuring 6? x 1.5?, position in the centre of the pillow box and secure with the glue stick.
- Fill the pillow box with a gift of your choice then secure the tube.
- To finish, tie with ribbon.
3. Heart Paper Garland
Decorate your bedroom with these super cute paper heart garlands. Experiment with various coloured pearlised card to create extra impact. Just follow these simple instructions to create your very own love nest:
- Using a ruler, make markings of 1? on the pearlised card – ensure it is in portrait position.
- Cut the paper into strips.
- Take four strips and secure in place with a staple at one end.
- Pull one piece from each side down to form a heart and staple.
- To continue adding the hearts to the garland, use another two pieces of paper and, secure the bottom of the two sheets with a staple, and fit into the top of the heart with another staple.
- Continue in this way until you’ve formed the heart paper garland.
4. Handmade Photo Keepsake
A photo album is a good way to extend the memory of your special times spent together, but a handmade photo album is one of those gifts that will be cherished for a lifetime. All that is required to bring this gift to fruition is a little time and creativity.
To make, here’s what you will need: wallet sized photos, 3×5? index cards, ribbon or twine, a glue stick, and a hole punch.
- Secure photos on the right side of the index cards with glue.
- Write messages to the left of each index card as a lovely reminiscent memory of your special times.
- Make two holes in the left of the card with the hole punch.
- Thread and secure with ribbon or twine.
5. Heart Sown Valentine’s Card
The heart is the prime symbol on all valentine cards, so why not make your own heart sown Valentine’s card, and include your own loving message at its centre.
- Using the pencil, draw a heart symbol on the sheet of pearlised card.
- Make even marks around the heart to prepare for the needle using the screw punch or thumbtack.
- Sew the yarn through the holes and create four very different woven hearts.
- Write a poem on the back of the paper, if you wish.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to impress your partner, so why not use your imagination and showcase your creativity by making a beautiful Valentine’s gift.
Which DIY craft surprise will you be making this Valentine’s Day?