Why not surprise yours with some creative and unique craft paper flowers that will last forever? Everyone knows that Mum’s can’t resist a gorgeous bouquet on Mother’s Day.
You will need:
- Pearlised Craft paper in your desired colours.
- Florist’s wire.
- Paper scissors.
- A glue gun.
- A pencil.
How to get started with your Craft Paper Flowers
1. Cut out a circle of craft paper of the desired size – eight inches is a good starting size. Keep the circle a little wobbly to make an irregular edge.
2. With a pencil, draw a spiral moving from the outside edge to the centre of the circle. This too should be a little wavy. When you’re happy with the spiral shape, take the scissors and cut along the line.
3. Beginning at the outside edge, tightly roll your spiral inwards towards the centre of the circle. When it’s all rolled up, let go and allow the flower to fan out a little.
4. Using your glue gun, apply a small amount of glue to the base of the flower and allow to dry. You will need to hold in place while the glue drys.
5. For a stem, take a piece of florist wire, cut it to the right length and bend the end to a 90 degree angle. Glue this bent end to the flat base of the flower.
6. If you wish to add leaves this can easily be done. Cut a leaf shape from your desired craft paper and glue in place underneath the flower, ensuring you cover the end of the florist wire.
7. Finally. repeat all of the above steps to make an entire bouquet of beautiful flowers that will last forever.
We would love to see your craft paper flowers! Why not share them with us?